Stuffed mushrooms are a favorite appetizer here at Patty Cake’s Pantry. We have two other recipes for stuffed mushrooms on our site. There’s the recipe for stuffed mushrooms that are made in the oven, and there’s the recipe for slow cooker stuffed mushrooms.Jump to Recipe
These seafood stuffed mushrooms are inspired by a comment from my friend, Brenda. She mentioned in a comment on one of my posts that she actually stuffs her mushrooms with stuffing and tops them with Parmesan cheese. While her method was delicious, I wanted to try something a little more complex. Besides, I was out of Parmesan cheese. Baker’s Man loves seafood, and a local seafood restaurant serves crab stuffed mushrooms, so I decided to combine the three different recipes to create a new stuffed mushroom.
The final result was Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms, and we were very pleased with the final product. I used Surimi, or imitation crab, in this recipe, but it could easily be prepared using bay, or salad, shrimp that are small. The final result was creamy and delicious, and we loved it.
The most complicated part of the preparation was removing the mushroom stems and chopping them up to add to the filling. I didn’t have button mushrooms, so I made this recipe using Cremini mushrooms.
These mushrooms weren’t very large, so I actually ended up stuffing 44 of them, and there was still filling left over. Baker’s Man made short work of the leftover stuffing, and he dispatched quite a few of the finished mushrooms, too.
Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms are a great appetizer to serve at your next party, so give it a try and let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms
- 30 Button Mushrooms (larger ones if possible) ($3.00)
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavored stove top style stuffing ($1.65)
- 1 (8 ounce) package of artificial crab (Surimi) ($2.97)
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese ($1.18)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder ($0.04)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper ($0.02)
- 1/4 cup butter ($0.75)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced ($0.12)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions.
- While the water is coming to a boil for the stuffing, remove stems from mushrooms and set aside.
- Place mushroom caps, open side up, in one, or two, oven proof baking dishes
- Chop reserved mushroom stems and set a side.
- Chop the artificial crab.
- Mix mushroom stem pieces, artificial crab, cream cheese, garlic powder, and black pepper together.
- Mix the prepared stuffing with the cream cheese mixture.
- Once stuffing and other ingredients are well combined, spoon into mushroom caps, piling it up, and rounding it on the top.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a pan and add the minced fresh garlic
- Saute garlic in butter for a few minutes until it softens and the garlic flavor has permeated the butter, but don't allow the garlic to brown.
- Using a silicone brush, or a teaspoon, divide the garlic butter, and the garlic pieces, evenly on top of the mushrooms.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the stuffing is has begun to lightly brown.
Nutrition Information is for two stuffed mushrooms prepared according to recipe above.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is calculated using online tools such as those available at cronometer.com or verywellfit.com. We make every attempt to ensure that this information is calculated correctly, but this information should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. In addition, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition-fact sources, databases and the algorithms used. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. Under no circumstances will PattyCakesPantry.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information provided.