I decided that as 2015 comes to an end, I should review my goals from last year and see where I stand.
Goals from last year were as follows:
1. Increase the number of posts to twice a week. This will mean that there will be a total of 104 posts for this year.
STATUS: FAILED–While I did publish more posts than last year, I did not consistently post twice a week.
2. Improve the quality of photos on my site. This means that I will have to learn more about photography and get a DSLR camera.
STATUS: GOAL MET–I have made and effort to improve the quality of my photos, and I believe that I have done a fairly good effort. I obtained an old model DSLR camera, but I’m still not using it. My photos are still not as good as the photos on the other sites that I aspire to be as good as.
3. Begin promoting my site using social media in order to increase traffic. I plan to add one new thing each month.
STATUS: PARTIALLY MET–I added social media. I have a Facebook and a Pinterest site, but I didn’t do something new each month toward that goal of promoting my site.
4. I plan to explore ways to monetize my blog. I have no idea how to accomplish this, but I plan to learn.
STATUS: GOAL MET–I explored ways to monetize my blog and learned that for many things to work, I need to have more traffic. I still have made no money from this blog, but I am learning, so the experience is invaluable.
5. Find a fix for that problem with the Easy Recipe plug-in so that my ingredients are not preceded by a subsection symbol and my instructions are not double numbered.
STATUS: GOAL MET–This was an easy one to fix. I changed my theme. Unfortunately, that created other problems. C’est la vie.
There you have it. The update on my goals from last year. I don’t think meeting 3 1/2 goals out of 5 is too shabby. What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by….