Every one knows about New Year’s resolutions. It’s that time of year. Here at Patty Cake’s Pantry, we are calling them our goals for 2015.
Patty Cake’s Pantry is only a year old and probably only has a readership of about 10 people. Nevertheless, I intend to try and continue to improve the quality of the information that I am posting as well as increase the number of people who visit my blog.
It’s interesting how many different opinions there are floating around cyberspace regarding how to get traffic to your blog. Some advocate the use of social media. Others say that good content is king. One site urges multiple short posts of 100-150 words each day. Another says you can’t get noticed with posts shorter than 300 words. There are others who recommend even longer posts. It can all be very confusing.
My approach to posting will be to write posts that are as long as they need to be in order to convey the information. Some will be long and some will be short. In other words, they are what they are.
I seem to have gotten off track.
Goals for 2015 are as follows.
1. Increase the number of posts to twice a week. This will mean that there will be a total of 104 posts for this year.
2. Improve the quality of photos on my site. This means that I will have to learn more about photography and get a DSLR camera.
3. Begin promoting my site using social media in order to increase traffic. I plan to add one new thing each month.
4. I plan to explore ways to monetize my blog. I have no idea how to accomplish thus, but I plan to learn.
5. Find a fix for that problem with the Easy Recipe plug-in so that my ingredients are not preceded by a subsection symbol and my instructions are not double numbered.
I’m hoping to stay focused and continue to learn more about blogging. Sharing these goals on the site makes me more accountable. Here’s to a productive 2015.
Thanks for stopping by….