The fifth week of my challenge has come and gone, and we did much better this week than last, but we continue to have difficulty with adhering to our menu plan. Sue Chef pointed out that it has been a month, and we have still not had pulled pork sliders or Linguine with Clam Sauce. She’s right, but fortunately, the ingredients for those two dishes are safely stored in the freezer and in the pantry. She also pointed out that the Menu Board really is a Suggestions Board. This is true.
What did we eat this week?
- Angus Burgers with Easy Cucumber Salad
- Spaghetti and Meatballs with garlic bread and Caesar salad
- Cold Sandwiches, cottage cheese, fruit, and veggies (it was hot, humid, and no one wanted to cook)
- Baker’s Man and I had a date night, the kids ate Macaroni and Cheese and a salad.
- Breakfast for Dinner
- Chef’s Salad–I linked to a salad in a jar, but we assembled these salads on plates. The ingredients were the same, only the assembly was different.
Lunch was simple.
Sandwiches were made from the following ingredients:
- Cheese and lettuce
- Egg Salad
- Tuna Salad
- Peanut butter and jelly
These sandwiches were served with fruit, veggies, and pretzels.
- Bagels with cream cheese
- Fruit and cottage cheese
- Eggs and toast
- Granola bars and Lara Bars
- Cold Cereal
This week went much better than last week. We are very happy with our new budget. No one is feeling deprived, but there are some mutterings about wanting some soft drinks. I’m ignoring them and making pitchers of sweet tea and sugar free lemonade.
Please let us know what you think
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.