In spite of seriously overspending on my grocery budget this week, the rest of the week went well. We still didn’t make everything on our menu plan, but we ate enough of them that Sue Chef has agreed to leave the menu board alone. That’s definitely good news.
What did we eat for dinner this week?
- Spaghetti and Meatballs with cauliflower, and garlic bread
- Lamb Chops and cauliflower with cucumber, jicama, and mango salad
- Barbecued Chicken with baked beans, macaroni and cheese, and cauliflower
- Chicken and Biscuits
- Egg Sandwiches
- Fast Food Takeout–I didn’t get home from work until 11:00pm, so we grabbed fast food.
The only menu item that we didn’t eat for dinner was Linguine with White Clam Sauce.
What did we eat for breakfast?
Breakfast is generally an every man for himself affair around here. This week’s breakfast options included:
- Toast and Fruit
- Eggs and Toast
- Pancakes, Eggs, and Sausage
- Oatmeal with Fresh Fruit
- Frozen Waffles with Peanut Butter and Fresh Fruit
- Cold Cereal with Fresh Fruit
- Lara Bars
What did we eat for Lunch?
Lunch included leftovers from dinner the night before as well as the following:
- Cheese and Lettuce Sandwiches
- Cold Cut Sandwiches loaded with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles
- Tuna Salad and Crackers
What do we have left from our over budget grocery haul?
We made fast work of the lamb chops as well as the bottle of Pinot Noir, but we still have a lot of leftover fresh produce.
The items in our fridge, crisper, and fruit bowl include the following:
- 3 Mangoes
- 6 Oranges
- 1/4 of the green seedless grapes
- 3/4 of the red grapes
- 3 cucumbers
- 1 1/2 pounds of tomatoes
- Almost 3 full heads of Romaine lettuce
- 5 Chayote Squash
Since fresh produce has a short shelf life, I need to plan to use this produce in the next week’s menu plan. If I don’t, I will have wasted money. That’s something that I don’t want to do.
Do you have any suggestion, recipe ideas that use chayote squash, or thoughts about our attempt to adhere to a $25 weekly grocery budget? If so, leave a comment below.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.