A few people have asked me how to better explain how to make the cookies that have the Rolo candy in the middle, so here are more detailed instructions.
Mix a devils food cake mix with 2 eggs, and 1/3 cup oil. Stir well until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated. Remember, the mixture will look more like cookie dough than cake batter because that’s what we are making.
WARNING! CARAMEL CENTERS ARE WARM AND MAY BURN YOUR MOUTH IF NOT ALLOWED TO COOL FIRST.
I love these cookies because they come together quickly and make my friends think that I have some serious cooking making skills. It’s just our little secret that the cookies are really only 4 ingredients.
- 1 box (15.25 ounces)Devils Food Cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup corn or canola oil
- 24 Rolo Candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour cake mix into a bowl
- Add 2 eggs and ⅓ cup oil
- Mix together until well incorporated
- Scoop small portions of dough into your hand.
- Flatten dough into a disk.
- Place unwrapped Rolo candy in the center of the disk of dough
- Fold dough up to fully envelope the candy.
- Roll the dough covered candy into a ball and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet
- Place cookie sheet in 350 degree
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are cracked on the top.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on cooling racks.
- Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before eating them as the melted caramel centers are hot and can burn your mouth.