I am trying to mix things up a bit i.e. serve different types of bean dishes so that I can avoid a dining room mutiny. Toward that end, I decided that we should have some pizza. I can honestly say that I had never eaten a pizza with beans on it, so this was a challenge. My first though was of a tostada because pizza and tostadas are both flat. The difference is that tostadas are topped with beans, so I went with that model to assemble my pizza.To make this pizza I used a pre-made thin pizza crust that I picked up at the store, and basically made a tostada on top of it. I used seasoned refried beans for the sauce and topped it with cheese, meat, and a few other toppings that I would use on a tostada. Of course, I left off the lettuce and tomato because I didn’t think we would like what the oven would do to them, especially the lettuce. The end result was delicious, and we will definitely make it again sometime.
Here’s your recipe. Give it a try and let us know what your think.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
- 1 pre-made family style crust. (We used thin crust)
- ¾ cup refried beans
- ½ teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and jack cheeses
- ½ cup cooked chorizo
- 2 tablespoons sliced olives (I used diced on the pizza above because that was all I had)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400
- Place pizza crust on a pan sprayed with non stick spray.
- Mix refried beans with taco seasoning until well combined.
- Spread beans on the surface of the pizza crust spreading it out to nearly the edge of the crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese, covering surface of the beans.
- Sprinkle chorizo on top of the cheese.
- Arrange olive slices and green onions on top of the pizza.
- Place assembled pizza into preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and pizza is heated through.