This recipe is a summer dessert that was created after several months of thinking about ways to modify some of my other recipes. I love rice pudding, Glorified Rice, and Watergate salad. I was wondering if I could somehow combine the Glorified Rice and Watergate Salad recipes to create a simplified version of rice pudding that would serve as a refreshing dessert for the hot summer months. Aside from cooking the rice, this requires no cooking, so it’s great for days when you don’t want to heat up the house by turning on the stove.
Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
- 1 small package of instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz regular or 1 oz sugar free)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple packed in pineapple juice
- 2 cups cold cooked white rice
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping
- Pour the can of pineapple into a bowl.
- Sprinkle the pudding mix over the pineapple.
- Mix well until well incorporated and pudding is beginning to thicken.
- Stir in the rice and mix until completely incorporated.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
Follow my blog with BlogLovin’!