Cinnamon Apple Gelatin is a special treat. The combination of cherry gelatin, applesauce, and cinnamon red hots makes a delectable dessert that’s simple to prepare, and we all know that we like simple here at Patty Cake’s Pantry.
What will you need to prepare this recipe?
From the Pantry
- cherry gelatin dessert mix
- unsweetened applesauce
- cinnamon “red hots” candies
In order to complete my 30 days of gelatin challenge, I have been asking friends, family, and acquaintances for their favorite gelatin, or jello, recipes. I have learned about some very unusual combinations. Some of these I will be sharing during this series, and there are some that I will never admit to having tried.
When I first heard of this combination, I was skeptical. I couldn’t imagine how it could possibly taste good. I know that cinnamon goes well with apples, but I wasn’t sure how the cherry gelatin would work. I’m not a big fan of cinnamon candies, either, but I am happy to report that all of these flavors work well together. Cinnamon Apple Gelatin is a new favorite here at Patty Cake’s Pantry.
Give our recipe for Cinnamon Apple Gelatin a try and let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
Cinnamon Apple Gelatin
- 2 cups boiling hot water
- 1 (8 serving) box cherry gelatin ($0.78)
- 1/2 cup cinnamon red hot candies ($0.98)
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce ($1.98)
- Measure two cups boiling water into a 1.5 quart bowl.
- Add cherry gelatin and red hot candies to hot water.
- Stir continuously until gelatin and candies are dissolved into the hot water.
- Place gelatin mixture into the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes and allow to thicken slightly.
- Add two cups unsweetened applesauce to the gelatin mixture.
- Mix applesauce into gelatin mixture until evenly distributed.
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator for another 3 to 4 hours or until fully congealed.
Nutrition information below is for one serving, approximately one-half cup, of Cinnamon Apple Gelatin prepared according to the recipe above using regular cherry gelatin dessert mix.
Nutrition information below is for one serving, approximately one-half cup, of Cinnamon Apple Gelatin prepared according to the recipe above using sugar free cherry gelatin dessert mix.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is calculated using online tools such as those available at cronometer.com or verywellfit.com. We make every attempt to ensure that this information is calculated correctly, but this information should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. In addition, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition-fact sources, databases, and the algorithms used. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. Under no circumstances will PattyCakesPantry.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information provided.