Cranberry-Orange Yogurt Salad was inspired by all of the “Fluff” recipes that I have been making this month. There was Orange Fluff, Cran-Raspberry Gelatin Salad, and Pineapple Lime Fluff. I was hoping to create another simple combination, but remembered that I had promised that the Pineapple Lime Fluff recipe was going to be the last one. Besides, if I’m being totally honest, I was completely out of cottage cheese, and all I could find in the fridge was some Greek yogurt. That’s how this recipe for Cranberry-Orange Yogurt Salad was born. You’ll notice that I called this one a salad again instead of using the more whimsical “fluff.” I think it’s because when I made this recipe, I was concerned about how Cranberry-Orange Yogurt Salad would be received by my family and taste testers. It turns out there wasn’t anything to worry about.Jump to Recipe
I chose to try using yogurt in this recipe because cottage cheese and yogurt are both cultured milk products. I was pretty sure that it would work well, but I was still a little nervous. I really enjoy making these recipes that don’t require more effort than throwing everything into a bowl and mixing it together. After working all day, and commuting, who has time to make complicated recipes. I certainly don’t.
What will you need to prepare this recipe?
From the Pantry
- Orange Gelatin
- Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- Miniature Marshmallows
From the Refrigerator/Freezer
- Greek Yogurt
- Frozen Whipped Topping
This recipe was surprisingly delicious, and it has made me think that I need to do some more experimenting with yogurt and gelatin. My only mistake with this recipe was forgetting to take pictures before it was devoured by my family. These two lonely little mason jars were all that was left when I remembered I needed to publish this recipe. Oops!
I hope you give this recipe for Cranberry-Orange Yogurt Salad a try and let us know what you think by leaving a comment below. Have you ever made a gelatin salad that contained yogurt? Let us know in the comments.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
Cranberry-Orange Yogurt Salad
- 1 (8 serving size) box orange flavored gelatin (regular or sugar free according to your preference) $0.98
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt $1.13
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce $0.99
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows $0.50
- 1 (8 ounce) container Frozen Whipped Topping (choose regular, light, sugar free, or fat free according to your preference) $0.99
- mandarin orange sections or cranberries for garnish (optional)
- Sprinlke orange gelatin powder over greek yogurt and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the can whole berry cranberry sauce, mixing well. It will require a bit of effort to get the gelled cranberries to break up and mix well into the yogurt and gelatin mixture.
- Stir in miniature marshmallows.
- Fold in the thawed frozen whipped topping.
- Garnish the top with mandarin orange sections and cranberries as desired. (optional)
- Store in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight, before serving.
The following nutritional information was calculated for one serving (approximately 3/4 cup) of cranberry orange yogurt salad prepared according to the recipe above using nonfat Greek yogurt, regular orange flavored gelatin, and full fat frozen whipped topping without fruit garnish.
The following nutritional information was calculated for one serving (approximately 3/4 cup) of cranberry orange yogurt salad prepared according to the recipe above using nonfat Greek yogurt, sugar free orange flavored gelatin, and light (reduced fat) frozen whipped topping without fruit garnish.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is calculated using online tools such as those available at cronometer.com or verywellfit.com. We make every attempt to ensure that the information is calculated correctly, but this information should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. In addition, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition-fact sources, databases, and the algorithms used. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. Under no circumstances will PattyCakesPantry.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information provided.