This recipe for Gelatin Parfait created some debate in our household regarding its proper name. Baker’s Man said it was called a Gelatin Parfait, but I think of parfaits as more elaborate layered desserts. It wasn’t until a trip to one of our local grocery stores, that I realized that people really call this simple dessert a parfait. Who knew? I guess Baker’s Man did.
This is one of the easiest things you can make with gelatin. It’s a mixture of gelatin and frozen whipped topping. If you prefer, you can whip your own cream and use it instead.
What do you need to prepare this recipe?
From the Pantry
- 2 (8 serving) boxes of fruit flavored gelatin
From the Freezer
- 1 (8 ounce) carton of frozen whipped topping
This recipe is a simple ratio. Two parts of fruit flavored gelatin to one part of whipped topping. All you have to do is prepare your choice of fruit flavored gelatin.
Once the gelatin has set up, or gelled, cut it into small chunks, then mix it together with the whipped topping.
I love the combination of fruit flavored gelatin and cream. It’s delicious, and this simple dessert can be prepared for a variety of occasions to add color to your table.
- Red gelatin for Valentine’s Day
- Green for St. Patrick’s Day
- Purple and yellow for Easter
- Red and blue for the Fourth of July
- Orange for Halloween
- A mixture of orange and green for Thanksgiving
- A mixture of red and green for Christmas
It can be served in parfait glasses, mason jars, or a large bowl, but however you serve it, Gelatin Parfait is sure to be a hit with your family.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
- 2 large (8 serving) boxes fruit flavored gelatin color/flavor of your choice
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping prepared
- water according to directions on gelatin
- Prepare gelatin according to package directions, putting each color into it's own pan, or bowl.
- Allow gelatin to set up in the refrigerator
- Once gelatin is set up, cut it into chunks
- Mix gelatin with whipped topping.
- Place into serving dishes and place in refrigerator until serving time.
Nutrition information is for one serving of gelatin parfait prepared according to the recipe above using regular fruit flavored gelatin.
Nutrition information is for one serving of gelatin parfait prepared according to the recipe above using sugar free fruit flavored gelatin.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is calculated using online tools such as those available at cronometer.com or verywellfit.com. We make every attempt to ensure that this information is calculated correctly, but this information should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. In addition, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition-fact sources, databases, and the algorithms used. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. Under no circumstances will PattyCakesPantry.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information provided.