This recipe for Individual Pear Crisp in a Jar is a variation on my Easy Apple Crisp recipe. I love to use mason jars in food preparation and presentation, so it was just a matter of time until I decided to bake dessert in a jar, and making a Pear Crisp seemed like a good choice.
This recipe could be prepared with any type of fruit that bakes well–blueberries, apples, pears, peaches, nectarines, rhubarb, or plums. It could also be prepared with a combination of fruits, but I chose to make the crisps in a jar with only one type of fruit, pears.Jump to Recipe
What will you need to prepare this recipe?
From the Pantry
- Quick Oats
- All-Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
From the Refrigerator
The first step is to cut the pears into small chunks then arrange them in five or six half pint capacity mason jars that have been greased, on the inside, with butter. How many jars you need will depend upon the size of the pears. You want to fill the jars about three-fourths of the way full of pears.
Once the jars are filled with pears, all of the other ingredients should be combined to create the crumble that goes on top. The crumble (or crisp) is then divided evenly among all of the jars.
Next, arrange the jars in a baking pan, and pour water to a depth of one inch into the bottom of the pan.
Place the pan, containing the crisps, into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned and crispy.
The Individual Pear Crisps in a Jar are a simple and delicious treat. They’re great served as they are or topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Give our recipe for Individual Pear Crisp in a Jar a try and let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
Individual Pear Crisps in a Jar
- 4 medium to large pears peeled and cut into small chunks (about 5 cups) ($1.58)
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar ($0.45)
- ½ cup all purpose flour ($0.12)
- ½ cup quick oats ($0.32)
- ⅓ cup butter softened ($0.44)
- 1 tsp cinnamon ($0.10)
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg ($0.06)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease six wide mouth half pint mason jars.
- Distribute the pear chunks evenly among the jars.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg and blend well.
- Sprinkle the butter flour, oat, and spice mixture over the pears, distributing it evenly among the jars.
- Place ars into a baking pan in 1" of standing water.
- Bake for 30” at 350 degrees or until the topping is golden and the pears are tender.
- These pear crisps are delicious served warm and topped with ice cream.
Nutrition information is for one half pint jar sized Individual Pear Crisp in a Jar made according to the recipe above.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is calculated using online tools such as those available at cronometer.com or verywellfit.com. We make every attempt to ensure that this information is calculated correctly, but this information should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. In addition, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition-fact sources, databases, and the algorithms used. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. Under no circumstances will PattyCakesPantry.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information provided.