This recipe for Snicker’s Apple Salad was given to me by a client. He told me it was amazing. He wasn’t lying. This salad reminds me of a caramel apple coated in nuts, but buried in whipped cream. I’d never heard of Snicker’s Apple Salad before he shared this recipe.
It’s decadent. It’s delicious. It should be illegal, but since it contains apples, a fruit, it must be healthy, right? Since it’s Fall, and this recipe contains apples, this seems like the perfect time to share this salad, though it would be a great accompaniment to a Summer barbecue, too. Seriously, what’s not to love about candy and apples in a creamy base?
I don’t have much to say about this one. It goes together quickly, once everything is chopped, and my family, and my co-workers (aka taste testers) loved it. You really need to try Snicker’s Apple Salad.
What will you need to prepare this recipe?
From the Pantry
- Vanilla Instant Pudding
- Granny Smith Apples
- Snickers Bars
From the Refrigerator
From the Freezer
- Frozen Whipped Topping
As you may have noticed, I portioned my servings into small mason jars to ensure that everyone got a chance to try some. I did this after the salad rested in the fridge for a couple of hours. If left to their own devices, certain members of my household would have devoured most of this, and there wouldn’t have been any left for my other taste testers. I’m looking at you Sue Chef, Baker’s Man, Bus Boy, and Food Critic. If I’m being completely honest, I should be looking at myself, too.
Have you ever eaten Snicker’s Apple Salad? Let us know by leaving a comment below. While you’re here, don’t forget to share this recipe on social media and subscribe. If you subscribe, you’ll never miss a post.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
Snickers Apple Salad
- 1 4 serving size package vanilla instant pudding ($0.98)
- 1 cup milk ($0.15)
- 1 (8 oz) tub frozen whipped topping thawed ($0.99)
- 5 medium granny smith apples peeled and cut into chunks ($2.00)
- 4 regular sized snickers bars cut in half lengthwise and then cut into slices. ($3.96)
- Combine vanilla instant pudding and milk in a large bowl.
- Mix until pudding powder is dissolved, and the pudding is beginning to "set" (thicken up).
- Fold in whipped topping until well combined.
- Fold in apple chunks and pieces of snickers bars
- Pour salad in to a serving dish.
- Cover salad and place in refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours to allow flavors to combine.
- Serve. (As you may have noticed, I portioned my servings into small mason jars to ensure that everyone got a chance to try some.)
The following Nutrition Information was calculated for one serving (1/10th) of the Snickers Apple Salad prepared according to the recipe above. A serving of Snickers Apple Salad is approximately 1/2 – 3/4 cup.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is calculated using online tools such as those available at cronometer.com or verywellfit.com. We make every attempt to ensure that the information is calculated correctly, but this information should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. In addition, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition-fact sources, databases, and the algorithms used. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. Under no circumstances will PattyCakesPantry.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information provided.