Corn Dog Casserole is the best solution to homemade corn dogs. I really don’t like deep frying foods, but my family really likes corn dogs. I occasionally purchase frozen corn dogs which we cook, but this Corn dog casserole is more cost effective, and it’s tasty, too.
Don’t tell the children, but it sneaks in some vegetables, too. This doesn’t taste the same as a “proper corn dog,” but it’s still good, and most importantly, my family loved it. It was reminiscent of hot dogs and a very mild cornbread stuffing because of the sage.
What will you need to prepare this recipe?
From the Pantry
- Corn Muffin Mix
- Black Pepper
From the Root Cellar
From the Refrigerator
This recipe goes together fairly quickly, and makes a great meal. I usually like corn dogs with mustard, but this was fine on its own. Of course, you can always try it with mustard and ketchup.
Give our recipe for Corn Dog Casserole a try and let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
Corn Dog Casserole
- 1 cup celery thinly sliced ($0.18)
- 3/4 cup onion diced ($0.10)
- 2 tbsp butter ($0.17)
- 1 (12 ounce) package hot dogs ($0.79)
- 1 egg ($0.08)
- 3/4 cup milk ($0.16)
- 1 tsp ground sage ($0.04)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ($0.02)
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package corn muffin mix ($0.50)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided ($0.89)
- Turn oven to 400 degrees to
- Cut hotdogs into quaters lengthwise then cut into thirds.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet.
- Saute celery and onion with hot dogs in butter for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and the hot dogs are beginning to brown.
- Remove from heat. Measure out 1/2 cup of this mixture and set it aside.
- Mix corn muffin mix, eggs, milk, sage, and pepper until well combined.
- Stir 3/4 cup of shredded cheese into cornmeal mixture.
- Stir all but 1/2 cup of the hot dog mixture into the cornmeal mixture.
- Grease an 8X8 inch pan.
- Pour corn muffin mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- Top with reserved hot dog mixture, distributing evenly across the surface.
- Top with reserved 1/4 cup shredded cheese, sprinkles evenly over the surface.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Information is for one serving of the recipe prepared according to the recipe above.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is calculated using online tools such as those available at cronometer.com or verywellfit.com. We make every attempt to ensure that this information is calculated correctly, but this information should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. In addition, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition-fact sources, databases, and the algorithms used. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. Under no circumstances will PattyCakesPantry.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information provided.