I previously posted about the candies that are made from candy corn, hugs, and pretzels. These are very easy and tasty, too. They might even impress your friends. The next obvious choice would be to make them with some Reese’s Pieces on top and that would be good, but we wanted to switch things up a bit and try some more unusual toppings for our pretzel based candies.
We started with Hershey Kisses. An observation that we made is that the kisses don’t seem to melt as smoothly as the hugs. In fact, some of the kisses seemed to almost dry out in the oven. Of course, they withstand being baked at 350 degrees for 10 minutes in those peanut blossom cookies , so I shouldn’t be surprised. At my local dollar store, I found marshmallow and gummy eyeballs which I pressed down on top of the warm kisses until they were well adhered. Because the marshmallows melt when exposed to heat, I had to be careful that they didn’t slide off of the pretzel and chocolate. These were a big hit with my family, and they liked them as much as the ones made with candy corn and hugs.
Check out your local store for some ghoulish candy options that you can use to top your pretzels and chocolate kiss candies.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cakes’ Pantry.
- 48 small pretzels
- 48 chocolate kisses, peeled
- 48 Marshmallow and Gummy Eyeball Candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Arrange pretzels on parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet
- Place a chocolate kiss on top of each pretzel
- Place baking pan with pretzels and kisses into the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and place a Marshmallow and Gummy eyeball on top of each kiss, pressing gently to flatten the kiss. Be careful, the marshmallow may melt and the eyeball will slip around.
- Allow to cool for 10 - 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Store in a covered container, separating layers with wax or parchment paper.