I love to make variations on simple recipes. I am in love with the candies that are made by melting either hugs or kisses on top of pretzels and smashing them down with either a candy or a nut. I have already publishes three variations on this recipe, but I had to do just one more. You can find the versions with candy corn, marshmallow gummy eyeballs, and rolos with pecans elsewhere on this site.
One day, while I was at my local grocer, I saw that they had the cutest little candy pumpkins. I have a confession. I am completely addicted to those orange slice candies that are coated in sugar. These little candy pumpkins were made the same way, and I just couldn’t pass them up. As soon as I saw them, I knew that I would use them to top a pretzel and chocolate candy for Halloween. I was so happy with the results. The candies are cute with the little pumpkins sitting on top, and I love the combination of the orange flavor and chocolate.
If you can find these little pumpkins, give this recipe a try. What have you used to top your pretzel based candies? Leave a comment and share your experience.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
- 48 small pretzels
- 48 chocolate kisses, peeled
- 48 pumpkin shaped jelly candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Arrange pretzels on parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet
- Place a chocolate kiss on top of each pretzel
- Place baking pan with pretzels and kisses into the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and place a pumpkin shaped jelly candy on top of each kiss, pressing gently to flatten the kiss.
- Allow to cool for 10 - 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Store in a covered container, separating layers with wax or parchment paper.