I decided that my 30 days of beans needed another bean salad. For this one, I decided to switch up the flavors and try something new. I selected beans that would create a pretty color combination–garbanzo, edamame, and kidney beans. I added onion to enhance their flavor. I believe that onions and beans are a natural pairing. I combined all of the beans and the onion in a bowl.
The finished salad was simple and delicious. I stored it in the fridge for a couple of hours to allow the flavors to meld together. Then, I served it alongside some barbecued meat. It was a delicious and refreshing side dish. I will definitely be making it again.
Here’s the printable recipe. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package edamame
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup Catalina or French dressing
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Drain and rinse garbanzo and kidney beans and place in a bowl.
- Add chopped onion to bowl with beans.
- Cook edamame according to package directions.
- Rinse and drain edamame to cool them off.
- Add to bowl with kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and onions.
- In another bowl, mix together salad dressing, vinegar, and pepper.
- Pour over bean and onion mixture.
- Mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.