This delicious Broccoli Salad is very simple to prepare, and it’s loaded with flavors. It’s a perfect side dish for grilled meats, and it’s a great alternative to potato or macaroni salad. Once you taste Broccoli Salad, you will wonder why you would ever want to eat any other salad. It’s that good, or maybe, I’m just really in love with it. ]78/////////Jump to Recipe
The first time that I tasted Broccoli Salad was at a pot luck dinner party several years ago. I can honestly tell you that it was love at first bite. I pleaded for the recipe, but when I finally received it, I was disappointed. I didn’t think that the written recipe produced the same delicious combination of flavors that I had experienced, so I spent the next several months perfecting the recipe for Broccoli Salad until it tasted just right.
Give our recipe for Broccoli Salad a try and let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
Bacon and Broccoli Salad
- 1 large head broccoli (cut into florets)
- 8 strips bacon (cooked and cut into small pieces–approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix together the mayonnaise, sugar, and cider vinegar then set aside.
- Place broccoli, bacon, onion, raisins, and cashews in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and mix until ingredients are combined and dressing is well incorporated.
- Chill for at least 10 minutes before serving, but we think it tastes better the next day.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is calculated using online tools such as those available at cronometer.com or verywellfit.com. We make every attempt to ensure that this information is calculated correctly, but this information should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. In addition, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition-fact sources, databases, and the algorithms used. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. Under no circumstances will PattyCakesPantry.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information provided.