Roasted Root Vegetables are another of the simple, delectable, vegetable side dishes that I love to make. The preparation is very easy, and the results are phenomenal. I wish I had known how delicious roasted root vegetables tasted years ago, so I could have been making them all of this time. Instead, they are a recent discovery.
There’s something about the roasting process that brings out the sweetness in all of the root vegetables I have ever roasted. Whether it’s carrots, beets, or turnips, they all taste sweeter. It’s an amazing transformation.Jump to Recipe
What will you need to prepare this recipe?
From the Pantry
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher, or Coarse Sea, Salt
From the Refrigerator
I love to serve Roasted Root Vegetables with roasted meats since I’ll already have the oven on. I love how they take care of themselves while I’m doing other things that require my attention.
Since some of the members of my household aren’t big fans of beets, I usually separate the beets and carrot to different sides of the pan, and occasionally, I will put them into separate pans.
If you’ve never tried Roasted Root Vegetables, consider giving our recipe a try. You’re sure to love them. Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
Roasted Root Vegetables
- 6 medium beets peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces ($2.98)
- 6 medium carrots washed, peeled, and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces ($0.85)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher, or coarse sea, salt ($0.04)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil divided ($1.88)
- Preheat Oven to 425
- Place beets and carrots into a bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Toss vegetables with oil and salt until they're evenly coated.
- Sprinkle drizzle two 9X13 inch pans with remaining olive oil.
- Arrange vegetables in the pans, in a single layer.
- If the vegetables are too crowded in the pan, they will steam instead of roast.
- Place Pans in a 425 degree oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
The following nutrition information was calculated for 1/6th of the recipe prepared as written above.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is calculated using online tools such as those available at cronometer.com or verywellfit.com. We make every attempt to ensure that this information is calculated correctly, but this information should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. In addition, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition-fact sources, databases, and the algorithms used. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. Under no circumstances will PattyCakesPantry.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information provided.