Easy Black Bean Soup is one of my favorites, and this recipe, which begins with canned black beans and jarred salsa, doesn’t skimp on flavor. It’s simple to prepare and makes a quick and tasty lunch or dinner. If you love black bean soup, but don’t like labor intensive recipes, this one is for you.
What do you need to prepare this recipe?
From the Pantry
- Black Beans
- Bouillon (Chicken or Vegetable)
That’s all that you need to make a tasty black bean soup. No chopping, no sauteing. Just mix everything together. Actually, I used my immersion blender to puree one can of beans and the salsa before adding the second can of beans and the other ingredients, but that step is totally optional. The soup tastes delicious without pureeing the beans.
This recipe can serve four people as a starter or side, but if it’s an entree, or if you have people with big appetites in your home, it really only serves two.
We love to serve this soup topped with sour cream, cilantro, pico de gallo, or sliced green onions, but it’s good on it’s own.
Give our recipe for Easy Black Bean Soup a try and let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for visiting Patty Cake’s Pantry.
Easy Black Bean Soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans drained
- 1 cup salsa (use hot, medium, or mild according to your taste preference.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon better than bouillon (chicken or vegetable) (or use 1 bouillon cube)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Drain canned black beans and add one can to the saucepan.
- Add the salsa to the pan with the beans.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the beans and salsa together.
- Add the remaining can of beans, cumin, water, and bouillon, and stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a boil on the stove.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes stirring frequently.
- Soup can be served topped with sour cream, cilantro, pico de gallo, or sliced green onions. It's also delicious plain.
The following nutritional information is for one-fourth of the soup prepared according to the recipe above. (Approximately 1 cup of soup)
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is calculated using online tools such as those available at cronometer.com or verywellfit.com. We make every attempt to ensure that this information is calculated correctly, but this information should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. In addition, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition-fact sources, databases, and the algorithms used. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful. Under no circumstances will PattyCakesPantry.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information provided.
2 thoughts on “Easy Black Bean Soup”